Monday, March 1, 2010

Return to Match...

So, I did it again... went back on match. After a failed attempt at dating someone in the fall (which totally worked out for the best, anyways, he was a weird one!) and after having a good number of friends get engaged over the holidays, I decided I needed to take matters into my own hands again. After a flurry of emails, I had two dates set up for last weekend. Date #1 on Friday was with Jay, a sweet 33 year old who worked for a catering company. Our date was simple and casual, just grabbed some burgers and beers and hung out. He was shy and nervous and rambled a lot but for the most part, the date went well. Until he dropped a minor bomb on me.. that he went to the Moody Bible Institute for college. That didn't initially freak me out, as I knew someone else who went there and they were normal.. a huge alcoholic douche bag, but normal. lol. When Jay launched into a whole lecture about how the world was indeed created by God and that evolution was a joke, however, I began to slightly worry. Did I believe that when I was little and in catholic school? Totally...but I believd in a lot of things back then. I am still religious though I don't go to church that often, but I'm definitely not interested in dating a bible thumper. So... I don't know what I'm gonna do with that.

Date #2 was with D, who was actually 2 years younger than me. I decided to ignore that when I saw he was a White Sox fan..lol. And I'm glad I did, our date on Saturday night was so much fun! Totally blew away my Friday date.. I actually can't remember too much about Friday night's date now. So D and I met up for sushi at my favorite place, which happens to be down the street from my place. It was a little awkward getting the conversation rolling but once we did, we chatted away all night. After stuffing ourselves, we walked down the street to grab some drinks at another bar. The DJ started bumpin' some dance tunes after a while, making the both of us want to head down this lounge/club across the street. His buddy was working the door, so we go to walk right in. I happen to LOVE dance music and listen to it all the time, so I was glad that he liked it too. We saddled up to the bar and hung out. I amost got my A kicked by some ghetto drunk biotch next to me, who claimed I kept dancing into her space and obnoxiously started dancing and hitting with me her ass so I did it right back. LOL. Maybe not the wisest decision, as her ghetto friend was definitely 200lbs and was totally wanting to jump on me. Whoops. Definitely one of the longest first dates I've been on (7.5 hours!) but was fun. He's totally cool.. just one tiny thing that bugs me-dont' hate me- but he's not that tall. I actually was definitely taller than him in my heels. Is it so bad to want a big strong guy who's taller than me?? I like burying my face in someone's chest when we hug, not resting my chin on his head. *sigh*

So I don't know what I'm gonna do with that one either. lol. There is another guy I'm dying to meet.. we talked on the phone saturday night and the conversation was effortless and fun and he seems so freaking cool. Plus, he's tall, dark and handsome, part-Italian and a dog owner. I'm all over that! We have a date this Friday, so I hope there's chemistry there. Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment