Monday, March 8, 2010

Gay?

So I had another date last Friday. I was so excited about this one, b/c our email and phone conversations were really great and I felt like he got me and I got him. He was part-Italian, a dog owner, seemed like an all-around cool guy. But I was also nervous, b/c everything seemed too good to be true so far, so I was scared that once we met in person, it would be disastrous. Well, right off the bat, he seemed skinnier and shorter than I was expecting, but didn't let that bother me. So, we just went to a bar near my house and had drinks and, though the conversation started off slow, by the end of the date, we were having a great time. He definitely is entertaining and witty but he was also... very... um.... gay. Well, just his tone of voice and his hand gestures were. He reminded me totally of one of my gay guy friends who has the same tone of voice and same hand gestures. That's not good.. lol. He just asked me if I wanted to hang out again this week.. I feel like I should, to really know if I had handle the "gayness" or not.

In other news, I was watching Life in Ruins the other day and one of the characters said something to the main character about how she wasn't giving this one guy a chance that really resonated in me: "You're only seeing the obstacles, you're not seeing the magic." I'm hoping that I'm not tripping myself up b/c I'm only noticing one thing wrong with these guys (extreme religiousness of guy #1, shortness in guy #2, gayness in guy #3) instead of embracing any connection we have. Ugh. Why can't this be easier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment