Monday, February 16, 2009

Will you be my Valentine?

Happy belated Valentine's Day, people. Hope it was spent well. My weekend consisted of 2 dates and my actual VDay was spent condo shopping and falling in condo-love with one place. Both dates actually went well, too, which is a big shocker! Here's the scoop-

Date #1 was Friday with the Chef and it was all a surprise for me. All I knew was that we were going to be outside at one point so I knew to dress casual and warm and then he had asked me if I liked chocolate and had a nut allergy. LOL! Needless to say, I was intrigued and couldn't wait to find out what we were doing. It was a day date, so he picked me up at 3 and we went down to the lakefront, walked around a little by the planetarium and then sat and talked while drinking some tea he brought and gazing at the gorgeous skyline of the city. Then after getting too cold, we went to his kitchen (he owns his own business and we had his whole kitchen to ourselves.) There, we made vegan chocolate truffles! So so so so good. While they were chilling in the fridge so we could fancy them up later with toppings, he put me to work dicing up veggies and then he made steak stir fry with rice noodles for dinner. There's just something about seeing a cute guy cook really well.... :) As we were sitting there at the work table in the kitchen, eating dinner and having a few beers, I felt like I was in a scene of the movie No Reservations. It was AWESOME. Plus, he was way cool and funny, which I got a hint of through emails..and the best part-he wasn't creepy. Not one bit!!! He also had gotten me a little Vday gift, which just consisted of items we had joked about in our emails. It was probably one of the most unique dates I've ever had. :) I'll be seeing him again, fo sho.

Date #2 was Sunday with River North dude and we just went out for drinks and apps. I was a little concerned about this one because his emails seemed ultra proper and polite, which is fine, but he didn't crack jokes or say anything silly, whereas I totally did... so I was scared he wasn't going to be any fun. But, I'm so glad I went and met him, because not only was he way cute but he WAS fun! He had me totally entertained with his stories but also asked a lot of questions about me. He asked if I wanted to hang out again, so I'll probably be seeing him again too.

So there you have it.. the non-creepy guys finally emerged! I was wondering if they were really real or just a myth. I've got a couple more guys to meet eventually, so stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! You deserve a few good dates after what you've been through. :)

    ReplyDelete