Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello, 2011!!

And hello, dearly missed blog... I've neglected you worse than ever lately, so sorry. I'll try to not let that happen again!
Well, I suppose I should start with an update.. let's see, I went on that date with the cardiology resident. It was actually surprising enjoyable, and we went out again, though at this moment, I can't remember what we did. I do remember another date where I went to his house to watch a movie and we had a very VERY awkward make-out session a la junior high on his couch.. I literally kept stealing glances at my watch. Any chemistry that might have been there.... *poof*, gone. On to the next...

I actually dated Chicago Sayid for about a month. Stellar guy. Had a lot of fun with him.. but, the same attraction/chemistry monster sucked the life out of this one too... I won't even discuss the Incident on here. You don't want to know about it... Chicago Sayid didn't take the "breaking up" lightly, either.. oof, that was rough. Poor guy. :(

My summer was far too busy working overtime, going to White Sox games and vacationing to really meet anyone or date at all. Labor Day weekend, however, changed all that:

boy #1 - My dear co-workers/friends happened to run into this adorable boy while out and about one night and were so fond of him that they insisted to set him up with me. Ended up going out with him and he was definitely as adorable in person as he was in the late-night texted picture that my friends sent me. I had a good time.. and after he walked me to my car, hugged and kissed me goodnight and repeatedly said how much fun he had and how we should do this again, I figured he had a good time too. Never. Heard. From. Him. Again. LOL.. why do boys DO that???

boy #2 - went to Lake Geneva for labor day weekend for a bachelorette party. While out in downtown LG one night, the room literally stood still and I swear to you, I heard "Dream Weaver" playing as this tall, dark and handsomely delicious man dressed in plaid walked onto the dance floor. I died. One of my crazy friends ended up dragging him over to meet me, not once but twice and that did the trick.. he got my # and we texted the rest of the wknd. Ended up meeting up for drinks and had a blast. Went on two more dates after that.. and even though we originally had great chemistry, that seemed to fizzle.. and he became more and more flighty and wishy-washy. Apparently tall hot plaid did not want to be seriously dating. Laterrrrr......

boy #3 - this was my sister's attempt now at matchmaking. Went on total blind date with a boy on her bf's rugby team that her and her bf just raved about. We met for coffee on a sunday afternoon and he apparently had a bender saturday night and was a little out of it that day (don't do that before a date!.) Super nice guy..but unfortunately, felt zero chemistry.

Then things kind of stalled after that... until recently, where I thought flirting with an out-of-stater and asking him to come here for NYE seemed like a good idea. (It wasn't and he didn't. crash and burn. it wasn't the first time this happened with him.. but it most certainly will be the last.) I also was last-minute match-made with a boy at aforementioned NYE fiesta.. was very funny and cool at first, then out came the Fran Drescher-esque laugh. I hate to think I'm that shallow that a laugh would permanently turn me off, but you should of heard this laugh... it's one of those that makes you look at your best friend and communicate a "omg, do you HEAR that?" look with your eyes. Which I did.

Part of me doesn't even want to deal with dating at the moment.. have a GI issue that has plagued me since beginning of the summer that I need to get in check (really not a sexy thing to explain to a potential suitor) and should really just focus on that.. but I'm ever the hopeless romantic who remains optimistic that one day, just one day... I'll bump into HIM and be blown away.

Here's hoping that happens.. :) I'm ready for 2011! Hoping it's MY year this time..

No comments:

Post a Comment